Several things to do over the holiday for your homework assignment.
- Fill out the TV Commercial Grid (see page 7 or your workbook)
- Fill out the Radio Commercial Grid (see page 8 of your workbook)
As I understand it, the bookstore may be out of the workbooks at the present time? If you do NOT have a workbook yet, please make your own grid to make notes. Here are the things you need to listen for…
|Product||Station /Channel||M/F||Local /National||Voice Quality||Attitude|
Reading Assignment: Chapters 11 and 12 – Announcer and Spokesperson – read aloud – record the scripts for your own practice.
Recording Assignment: Pick ONE for either Chapter 11 or 12 to have ready for playback in class.
- Transcribe the spot you select to read onto a separate piece of paper – please remember to double space so that you can mark the copy
- Highlight the copy points/key messages in a colored highlighter
- Using pencil – begin to develop you own personal markings to help you deliver the words the way you want them to be delivered
- On another piece of paper (or under or above the transcribed script), please note the following:
- What kind of spot it is – Announcer or Spokesperson (if it is spokesperson, tell me what “level” – Boss, Employee or Customer
- The Hero Client and/or Product