How can it be the end of February already!
OK, for your homework. Please refer to page 13 of your workbook and to the Radio Feedback exercise.
Radio Feed Back
Listen to the radio – focusing on the commercials – just listen for a while. Then start talking along with the voices on the spots. Then start your recorder and record this process.
You don’t have to do much else for this one except open your mouth and let the words come tumbling out. It’ll be a bit disconcerting at first, but as you start to get familiar with the process, you should be able to start hearing several things – not only the voice on the spot and your own voice, but your conscious brain should start analyzing what your subconscious voice is doing. You will end up speaking spontaneously on a sub-conscious level and – perhaps your conscious mind will start adjusting what is coming out of your mouth…shifting placement, inflection, pacing, attitude, etc.
Describe the results of this process in detail.
- How long did you spend doing this? You need to spend at LEAST 5 minutes in order to even begin to understand the concept.
- Were you able to hear both the radio voice and your own voice?
- Did it get easier with time?
- Were you able to hear when you were making adjustments in your delivery?
- Describe some specifics about your experience with this exercise.