Forgot to tell you about the Final Evaluation Form at the end of the Workbook. Here are the questions in case you can’t find your Workbook. It is due along with your final project.
Final Evaluation (4 points)
Carefully review what you have learned over the semester and give yourself a critical self-evaluation in both the talent and the business side of the voiceover business.
1. Do I have a unique or unusual “voice”? If so, what makes it unique or unusual?
2. Do I truly have the ability to effectively read and interpret copy? Why?
3. How do I compare to others with similar range and abilities? Will I be able to compete?
4. Am I prepared to spend the time and money required to attend classes and workshops to continue to learn and improve my skills?
5. Am I prepared to spend the time and money required to produce a demo that compete? Do I know when to even attempt to do a demo?
6. Am I prepared to invest the money required to outfit a small digital studio?
7. Do I have enough technical ability to make my digital studio work on a professional level?
8. Am I prepared to invest the time and money required to market my abilities and operate as a business?
9. Am I prepared to do audition after audition without landing any jobs?
10. Am I prepared to land one job and then no more for three or more (perhaps many more) months?
11. Am I prepared to survive financially during the time it takes to establish a reputation and start earning regular money?
12. Am I prepared to face the fact that I may never be able to compete as a voice talent in the industry? Do I have other options within this business? (Please answer both.)
13. Am I prepared to face the fact that I simply don’t have what it takes to be a free lancer wondering from day to day if I’ll be working?