Start reading Chapter 12 in your text – Spokesperson – in preparation for your weekend homework.
For this Wednesday, we will continue with playing back the assignments from Chapter 11.
Also, if you want some Extra Credit – please do this Exercise and turn it in on Wednesday. It will only be accepted this Wednesday.
Practice Your Delivery
“Think about the most important things you look for in a place to call home.”
Start your recorder and read the sentence above three times in a row. Each time you say the sentence, bring out more meaning. Don’t stop and think about it between each read. Let your brain work its magic.
As you play back what you have just recorded, listen carefully to see what kind of team you and your brain made. Here are some things you might be hearing.
- You may not hear much difference at all. Is that the case for you? If so, try the exercise again. This time see right through the words deep into the meaning of the words. Did you hear a difference in the delivery?
- You may hear that certain words are said a bit more strongly than others. What words popped out at you? This may vary with each of the three reads – and probably should!
- If a different word is stressed each time, does the stress sound natural or forced?
- Did the pacing of the words vary? By that I mean, did you insert pauses in the delivery, or did you stretch out certain words?
- Do you like the delivery of one of the reads more than the others? If so, can you figure out why it sounds better?
- Did the meaning or intent of the words become clearer as you moved from the first read to the third?