If you are not in the class and do not want to get the notification emails anymore, please just remove yourself from the mailing list. But remember, I do post things other than homework assignments.
Homework for Wednesday, February 27, 2013…
Read Chapter 13, Real Person. Do the same thing you did for the last assignment. Read ALL of the sample scripts – aloud – even recording as you go. Decide which script you think you would do the best – and then follow the instructions in your workbook to prepare that script for playback in class starting on Wednesday.
Select one of the spots in Chapter 13, Real Person to have ready to play back in class (as with the chapters before, I do expect you to record ALL of the scripts and listen and critique them, but pick ONE for playback in class). We did the Flowers spot in class, so do not pick that one for playback in class. (NOTE: Splasho–O–Rama is :60, not :30.) And watch for typos – you need to work around them when you get copy.
For the one you select, you must also have the Written Assignment.
- Transcribe the spot you select to read onto a separate piece of paper – please remember to double space so that you can mark the copy
- Highlight the copy points/key messages in a colored highlighter
- Using pencil – continue to develop you own personal markings to help you deliver the words the way you want them to be delivered
- Identify the Hero Client and/or Product (there may not be one depending on the spot you pick)
- Describe the Demographic.
Part 2 – The Six W’s: be as detailed as possible.
- Who are you? (What do you look like? What kind of clothes are you wearing? You may be close to you, but what shade of you?)
- Who are you talking to? (ONE PERSON! Describe this person. Male or female? Young or old? Related to you? A peer? etc. The more you know who you are talking to, the more you know how to talk to them.)
- Where are you? (this may or may not be related to the script.)
- Why are you there? (It helps to know why you are talking)
- What are you doing? (Try not to say that you are selling me the product. Find some sort of physical something that will help establish your character.)
- When is the action taking place? (Don’t tell me Tuesday unless it is Super Tuesday. Or Saturday, unless it is your wedding day.)