Radio Feed Back
Do not get freaked out by this assignment! Have fun! Listen to the radio – focusing on the commercials – just listen for a while. Then start talking along with the voices on the spots. Then start your recorder and record this process.
You don’t have to do much else for this one except open your mouth and let the words you hear come tumbling out of your mouth. Basically try to say everything you are hearing aloud. Sort of like how you teach yourself how to sing a song, but listening to it and singing along.
It’ll be a bit disconcerting at first, but as you start to get familiar with the process, you should be able to start hearing several things – not only will you consciously hear the voice on the spot and your own voice, but your sub-conscious brain should start analyzing as well.
You SHOULD end up speaking spontaneously on a sub-conscious level and perhaps, with practice, your conscious mind will start adjusting what is coming out of your mouth…shifting placement, inflection, pacing, attitude, etc.
Describe the results of this process in detail.
- How long did you spend doing this? You need to spend at LEAST 5 minutes in order to even begin to understand the concept.
- Were you able to hear both the radio voice and your own voice?
- Did it get easier with time?
- Were you able to hear when you were making adjustments in your delivery?
- Describe some specifics about your experience with this exercise.