(106 Students Please NOTE: You do NOT need any software for the class – this is for information purposes only. Updated 7/30/14)
Free Audio Recording Software
– Link to website with some free software.
This is a free cross platform program.
This comes free on many Macs. Or try this download.
Moderately Priced Audio Recording Software
– Sound Studio 4 (for Mac) – about $30
– Amadeus Pro – $60
– GoldWave – about $60 – one year license available for $20
– Magix Audio Cleaning Labs – $59.99
Record, clean, export (mp3, aiff, wav, etc). The cleaning portion has wizards and presets that make the setup easy. Processes the audio on the fly, so you can hear the difference immediately. No multi-track recording. “Spectral Cleaning” feature for removing mouth noise, clicks and pops. (Thanks to my friend Joe Thomas for this info)
– Sound Forge Audio Studio 10 – $59.95
– WavePad – $60 (discounted from $130)
They usually have some sort of online charge discount going
Check to see if there is a discount for buying online – usually something like 30% off the normal price. Only valid for Visa and Mastercard purchase option through this page.
– n-Track Studio EX – $89
An Audio & MIDI Digital Multitrack Recorder for the PC. I know nothing about this particular piece of software
– TwistedWave – about $80
They are beta testing an online browser based version.
– Pro Tools Vocal Studio (includes a USB mic) – about $100
Slightly More Expensive and/or Specialty Audio Software
– Adobe Audition CC – subscription based $20/mo for the single app
PC – Mac (Intel)
– Logic Express – about $200
– SAWStudio Basic – about $300
– Word 2 WAV – $175 (also have a Pay-per-click option)
Great for managing and processing multiple files with unique file names (IVR, e-learning)
– Read 2 Record – $73 per year
– Vox Studio – 399 Euros (about $535 as I write this on August 30, 2014)
Doing heavy duty IVR work with unusual file formats? Try Vox Studio.